World Heart Day takes place on 29th September every year, here are some ways that can help you reduce the risk of developing heart disease:
1. Regular screening: Keep your blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar level in check.
2. Maintain a healthy weight: Being obese increases the risk for high cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes.
3. Stay active: Try to exercise regularly, at least once in a week.
4. Quit smoking: Chemicals in tobacco can damage the function of the heart.
5. Manage your stress: Stress can cause high cholesterol, high blood pressure and a weakened immune system.
6. Healthy food choices: Eat foods rich in nutrients, healthy fats, and fiber.